Your essential guide to the best biker friendly places in the UK
It is advisable to telephone before setting out on your journey as we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or changes in event details.
Last update: Aug 20, 2012
• MAD HATTERS MCC, Luton, Beds (est 1997). Meets at the Globe Pub, Latimore Rd, Luton. 1st-3rd-4th Monday of month, 8.30pm. Any size, type, age of bike welcome. Rallies, rideouts, shows etc. Info: Acker 01582 592431.
• OAKLEY MOTORCYCLE CLUB, Oakley, Beds. Tel 07747 144497. www.oakleymc.org.uk Meets 7pm every Thursday at the Oakley Sports and Social Club, Church Lane, Oakley MK43 7RU. Regular rideouts and events.
• POLHILL ARMS, 25 Wilden Road, Renhold, Bedfordshire MK41 0JP. Tel 01234 771398. Village pub between B660 and A421 Bedfordshire. Hot and cold food and drinks available. Wednesday bike night, from 7.30pm. www.polhillarms.co.uk
• ROYAL OAK, High Street, Roxton, Beds MK44 3EA (on the old A421 Great Barford Road). Tuesday bike night, from 7.30pm.
• THE FLOWING SPRING, Henley Road, Playhatch, Reading, Berks RG4 9RB. Tel 01189 693207. Bikers’ night 2nd Wednesday of month.
• READING MAG: Meets from 8.30pm Mondays, The Butler, Chatham Street, Reading RG1 7DS.
• WeBeMAG (West Berks MAG): Meets 8pm 1st & 3rd Tuesday of month at The Blue Ball, 25 Greenham Rd, Newbury, Berks RG14 7HY (near Burger King). Riders and non-riders welcome. Email Kev: email@example.com
• WINDSOR AND DISTRICT MAG: Meets every Tuesday from 8.30pm, The Red Cow, Albert Street, Slough SL1 2AU. Tel 07722 538317 or visit www.wadmag.org.uk
• BARREL BIKERS, Milton Keynes, meet 7.30pm Wednesdays at The Bull, Stony Stratford MK11 1AQ. Newcomers welcome. www.barrelbikers.co.uk
• BUCKS BRITISH & CLASSIC MCC. Meets 9pm every Wednesday, The Plough, Cadsden, nr Princes Risborough, Bucks HP27 0NB. For more info visit www.bbcmcc.freeuk.com
• CERNUNNOS MCC. A small, friendly club which meets at the Robin Hood, Clifton Reynes, near Olney, North Bucks. Looking for new members of any age, male or female, any bike, trike, or outfit. www.cernunnos-mcc.org
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON RIDERS CLUB OF GB (Region 13) meets every 2nd Wednesday of month at The Red Lion, High Street, Wendover, Bucks HP22 6DU. Call 07957 373 488. www.hdrcgb.org.uk
• ROADCHASERS MRC: Meet 8pm Wednesdays, The Waggon and Horses, Chesham HP5 1EF. Tel 07980 062383 or visit www.roadchasers.co.uk
• WYCOMBE MAG: Meets Tuesdays from 9pm, The Stag, Flackwell Heath, nr High Wycombe, Bucks HP10 9ES.
• BMF REGION 4 (EAST) meets from 7.30pm 1st Monday of month, Cock Inn, Werrington, Peterborough PE4 6LW. For more info call Pete Oldfield on 07961 811986.
• THE CROWN RIVERSIDE, Earith, Huntington, Cambs PE28 3PP. Bike meet every Wednesday 7pm till late. Free camping. Call 01487 841405 for more details.
• GREATER PETERBOROUGH MOTORCYCLE RIDERS’ CLUB. Meets every Monday from 7pm, Cock Inn, Werrington, Peterborough PE4 6LW. All welcome including L riders. Info: Pete Oldfield 07961 811986.
• HBF (Hert-Bridge-Folk). A small friendly group of Harley-Davidson owners. Members come mainly from Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. Group runs, rallies etc. also charity runs. Social night every Wednesday at the Cherry Tree Pub, 66 Fordham Road, Soham, Cambs CB7 5AH. For more info and contact details visit the website at www.hert-bridge-folk.co.uk
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON RIDERS CLUB OF GB (Anglia Region 15). Meet 8pm 2nd Friday of month at The Plough, Milk and Water Drove, Farcet Fen, Pondersbridge, Peterborough PE7 3DR. Call Foby on 01733 203385 or visit www.hdrcgb.org.uk
• HERTS AND CAMBS MCC meets Cross Keys, Caxton, Cambs CB3 7DZ 1st & 3rd Wednesday of month. Rideouts and touring holidays among club activities. Call Alan 07952 196258 or Anne 07952 209160.
• MILL HOUSE, Hartford Marina, Banks End, Wyton, Huntingdon, Cambs PE28 2AA. Tel 01480 414311. Open 10am-11pm Monday to Saturday and until 10.30pm Sunday. Tuesday bike night.
• OLD RED LION INN, Linton Road, Horseheath CB21 4QF. Tel 01223 892909. www.oldredlioninn.co.uk Some of the best roads around and good food.
• PEMBERTON ARMS, High Street, Harston, Cambs CB2 5PX. Tel 01223 870351. Open from noon all day Tuesday to Sunday, from 5pm Monday. Regular bike nights.
• PLOUGH PUB, Milk and Water Drove, Ramsey Road, Farcet Fen, Peterborough PE17 3DR. Tel 01733 844307. Friday bike night. Camping available on site.
• SAWTRY MOTORCYCLE CLUB meets at the Greystones pub in Sawtry, Cambs PE28 5ST every Tuesday throughout the year. Rideouts, track days, rallies, touring in UK as well as Europe. Contact Simon 07722 123672 for more details or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.sawtrymcc.co.uk
• TOTAL VISION MOTORCYCLE CLUB is a newly formed club based in Peterborough, run by bikers who enjoy regular rideouts, weekends away and other social events. New members welcome. Feel free to come along and see what we’re about, meet on Wednesday evenings from 8pm at The Fenman, Whittlesey Road, Stanground, Peterborough PE2 8RR. Contact 07845 830232 for more details.
• BEARTOWN BIKERS MOTORCYCLE CLUB meets at the Church House pub, Buglawton, nr Congleton, Cheshire CW12 2DY every Wednesday at 7.30pm. Rideouts every Sat and Sun – free tickets to many car and bike shows. Subs £10 per year – includes membership to BMI. New members welcome, so come along and visit us and have a great time.
• BIKE ’N’ HOUND, 10 Hamnett Street, Hyde SK14 2EX. 01613 679050. Topless barmaid on Thurs evenings. Rock band on Friday nights. Rock Disco Sundays. Call for details – under new management.
• CAT AND FIDDLE, Buxton Road, Macclesfield Forest, Cheshire SK11 OAR. Tel 01298 23364. Email: email@example.com Open daily from 11am. Famous pub standing nearly 1700ft above sea level. Heavy policing of local roads but a still popular meeting spot for bikers.
• MANCHESTER 500 MOTORCYCLE GROUP (IAM) & POYNTON MOTORCYCLE CLUB meet from 8.30pm 1st Wed of month at Workies, 142 Park Lane, Poynton, Stockport, Cheshire SK12 1RG. www.mcr500.org
• SOUTH CHESHIRE ADVANCED MOTORCYCLISTS. Monthly meets at The Hawk Inn, Haslington, Cheshire. Info: 01606 834760 or visit www.scam-online.co.uk
• SOUTH CHESHIRE MOTORCYCLE CLUB meets every Wednesday at The Hops Belgian Bar, Prince Albert Street, Crewe CW1 2DG. Free membership, no registration required. Join us for rides and a great social scene. http://southcheshiremc.multiply.com/ or search on Facebook.
• SUNDAY RIDERS CLUB meets every Sunday at Tesco, Stockport, Cheshire for a group ride. No membership fees. www.sundayridersclub.co.uk
• WARRINGTON MCC meets every Friday, at 8pm, Rylands Recreation Club, The Pavilion, Gorsey Lane, Warrington WA2 7RZ. The BMF affiliated club has been going since the 60s. Rally regulars and organise own runs. Info: Morris Jones 01744 25096.
• THE PIT STOP DINER, Bowesfield Lane, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland TS18 3HJ. Tel 01642 653460. Opening times: Mon-Sat 7am-3pm. Tuesday bike night, 5-9pm, all year round. In Sept 09 won Best Bike Spot in Britain run in association with Devitt (voted for by the customers). Open on Sundays from April to September. www.thepitstopdiner.co.uk
• TEESSIDE BIKERS meet every Tuesday evening at the Pit Stop Diner, Bowesfield Lane, Stockton-on-Tees TS18 3HJ (all year). The fastest growing group in the area offers organised rideouts, help with training, bike DIY service/repair tips and lots of local discounts! To join in, go to www.teessidebikers.co.uk and click on the forum.
• TEESSIDE YESTERYEAR MOTOR CLUB. Motorcycles, cars and all types of older transport come under the umbrella of this 300-member club that meets on 1st Monday of month (except bank holidays) at Stockton Cricket Club, Oxbridge Avenue, Stockton-on-Tees TS18 4JF. www.tymc.org.uk
• FIRST & LAST INN, Sennen, nr Penzance, Cornwall TR19 7AD. Tel 01736 871680. Last pub in England, est 1620. Beer garden, real ales, good local food and Sky Sports. Sunday’s busiest but bikers drop in all the time.
• FIRST & LAST MCC meets Sunday, around 11am, at Cafe One, St Erth Industrial Estate, just off the A30, Cornwall. Tel 07702 365681 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• SOUTH WEST RIDERS, meet every Sunday from 10am, Triple M Café, Bridge, Porteath, Cornwall. Rideouts every other Sunday. Info: www.southwestriders.co.uk
• THE BROWN TROUT, Prospect Place, Sunnybrow, County Durham DL15 0NQ. Tel 01388 746454. Traditional pub welcomes bikers to drop in on rideouts etc. Breakfasts available Saturday mornings and bank holidays. Bar snacks, evening meals and Sunday lunches also available.
• LANCHESTER CENTURIONS MCC: Meets at the New Board Inn, Hill Top, Esh, nr Langley Park, Durham DH7 9RL. Rideouts and rallies by lovers of bikes and trikes. Info: Roy 07817 842732.
• CHOFH’S TEAROOM & TAKEAWAY, New Road, Brough, Cumbria CA17 4DU. Tel 01768 342800. On the A66 and A685 between Kirkby Stephen and Penrith. Open Mon-Fri 7.30-4ish, Sat 8.30-3ish. Late night opening every Thursday for bike nite! Clubs and groups welcome all year round.
• BIKERS MEET every Tuesday evening throughout the summer on the Bell Close car park, Keswick Victoria Street, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5LP (rear of police station). Info: Paul Turner 07846 676980.
• FURNESS MAG. Meet at 8pm, 3rd Tuesday of month, at The Travellers Rest Working Men's Club, 100 Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 5QR. Info: John Marsden email@example.com
• GOLDEN LION, St Nicholas Street, Carlisle CA1 2EE. Tel 07517828591. Dedicated biker bar. Bands and discos at weekends.
• HARTSIDE CAFE, Alston, Cumbria CA9 3BW. Tel 01434 381036. Open daily March to Oct 9.30am-5pm. Closed from late Nov until Feb according to weather. Call and check before travelling during this period. Fantastic views and great food in a cafe that stands in splendid isolation ‘five miles from anywhere’. Used as a staging post for rideouts by numerous groups.
• SQUARE CAFE, The Square, Broughton-in-Furness, Cumbria LA20 6JA. Tel 01229 716388. Local MAG branch meets here. A popular haunt for bikers, particularly on Sundays.
• WHITEHAVEN MAG meets every Tuesday at 6pm in the Bell Close car park, Keswick (rear of police station). More info from Paul Turner 07846 676980.
• MATLOCK BATH, DERBYSHIRE. A magnet for bikers every weekend throughout the year but the big turnouts are on summer Sundays.
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON RIDERS CLUB OF GB (East Midlands Region 10). Meet 8pm 1st Sunday of month at Smithfields Tavern, Derby. Call Eddie on 07711 874122 or visit www.harleydavidson-hangout.com
• BIKERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE (BMAD). Meet Wednesdays, Embassy Tavern, Colin Road, Paignton TQ3 2NR. This is where the organisers of the Paignton Bike Nights and Festival meet to discuss plans before the season gets under way.
• KICKSTART CLUB. Meets 2nd and last Friday of the month at Newton Abbot RFC, Rackerhayes, Newton Road, Torbay, Devon TQ12 3AD (behind Fairway Furniture). Bike club for any machine over 25 years old. Club runs and social meetings. Info: Bill on 01626 873050. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.kickstart-club.org.uk
• NORTH DEVON BRITISH MOTORCYCLE OWNERS’ CLUB. Meets from 8pm, 2nd and 4th Thursday of month, Pollyfield Centre, Avon Road, Bideford, Devon EX39 4BL. Weekly rideouts. See www.ndbmoc.freeserve.co.uk
• NORTH DEVON MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP meets at 7.30pm on 1st Wednesday of month at The Agricultural Inn, Braunton, N Devon EX33 2EA. Open meeting to discuss all aspects of motorcycling, the fun stuff, plus the politics. Come along and see how you can play a part in shaping the future of motorcycling. email@example.com for more info. www.mag-uk.org
• NORTON OWNERS’ CLUB (Devon branch) meets 3rd Wed of month, 7.30pm, at The Kings Arms, Tedburn St Mary, nr Exeter EX6 6EG. Signposted from A30, 5 miles west of Exeter. Great pub, food and drink, beer garden, friendly club. Contact Ian or Dom 01803 882385 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• PREWLEY MOOR ARMS, Church Road, Sourton Down, nr Okehampton, Devon EX0 4HT. Tel 01837 861349. Open Monday to Saturday 11am-11pm, Sunday noon-10.30pm. Particularly popular with bikers at weekends but welcome any time.
• BRIDPORT CLASSIC BIKE CLUB meets every last Thursday of month at The Crown Inn, Bridport. The landlord Simon rides a Triumph Speed Triple and welcomes all bikers. www.bridportclassicbikeclub.co.uk
• BLACK SHEEP BIKE AND TRIKE SOCIAL CLUB, meets at Oakdale pub, Kingsmill Road, Poole, BH17 8RQ last Thursday of month. Rideouts every Sunday. For details visit www.blacksheepbikeandtrikeclub.co.uk
• CHRISTCHURCH CRUISER CLUB, meets from 7pm, 1st & 3rd Thursday, at The Bridgehouse Hotel, 2 Ringwood Road, Ferndown BH22 4AN. Rideout every Sunday weather permitting. Visit www.christchurchcruiserclub.co.uk
• LORD NELSON PUB, Poole Quay, Dorset BH15 1HJ. MCM stockist and good place to call for a pint during the Quay’s Tuesday bike nights. If you have a special you want to showcase give licensee Anna Doyle a ring on 01202 776226. Live music Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun.
• CABIN DAIRY TEAROOMS, High Street, Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex CM0 8AG. Tel 01621 782404. Open 7.30am-5pm weekdays, 8am-5.30pm weekends. Gets 400-500 bikes summer weekends.
• CENTRAL KIOSK, Princes Esplanade, Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex CO14 8PJ. 07966 047291. Good place to pick up your MCM and a drink before facing the bracing sea breeze at this Essex resort. Open February to start of December.
• CROWN HOTEL, High Street, Manningtree, Essex CO11 1AH. Tel 01206 396333. Biker meets 1st Tuesday of month inc winter.
• ESSEX ADVANCED MOTORCYCLISTS GROUP. Meets at 7.30pm, 1st Tuesday of month, at Channels Golf Club, Belsteads Farm Lane, Little Waltham, Chelmsford CM3 3PT (off the A130 north of Chelmsford). More info www.eamg.org.uk
• GREAT BENTLEY. Bikers meet at Village Green, Great Bentley (between Colchester and Clacton), Wednesdays 6pm to 8.30pm.
• MINS TEA HUT, Cross Roads, High Beech, Loughton, Essex IG10 4HR. Tel 02089 269550. Bikers’ meeting place since 1930. Open 9-5 Tuesdays-Sundays.
• RAYLEIGH RIDERS MOTORCYCLE TOURING CLUB. Tel 01702 523190. www.rayleighriders.tripod.com Meet 8pm every Thursday at The Cock Inn, Hall Road. Rochford, Essex. Rideouts 10am Sundays from Swallow Aquatics Cafe.
• BATH & BRISTOL AREA BMF, St Pirran, 25 Horsecombe Brow, Combe Down, Bath BA2 5QT. 01225 835599/07962 076370. Riderspace – BMF website. Meetings on last Monday of month at the Cross Keys Inn, corner of Midford and Southstoke Road, Combe Down (Fox Hill area), Bath from 8pm. The pub serves food, has a garden and there is a quiz on Mondays if you want to do it.
• COTSWOLD BIKERS meet every Wednesday at a different location (pub). July 27 – Croft Park (Lakeside) Bredons Hardwick, Tewksbury. All welcome, 6pm. Live acoustic blues/roots band BabaJack will be playing. They rocked at Skegness Rock and Blues Fest in Jan.
• FOREST OF DEAN MOTORCYCLE CLUB. Meets about 8pm every other Tuesday, Ranx Xerox Club, Vantage Point, Mitcheldean, Gloucs. Rideouts, rallies, charity events. Visit www.freewebs.com/fodmcc
• HONDA OWNERS CLUB GLOUCESTERSHIRE. Meets at The Englands Glory, 66-68 London Rd, Gloucester GL1 3PB on 3rd Monday of month at 8pm. Contact Victoria, branch secretary email@example.com or call 07941 831379.
• ALTON STATION CAFE, Station Road, Alton, Hants GU34 2TZ. Owners David Aylmore and Allan Jones are bikers themselves and know a thing or two about good breakfasts.
• BASINGSTOKE MAG. Meet Thursdays from 8.30pm the Royal Oak, 414 Worting Road, Basingstoke RG22 5EA. http://basingstoke.mag-uk.org
• BRITISH GP SUPPORTERS’ CLUB. Meets every Monday about 7.30pm, The King’s Head, Wickham Square, Wickham, nr Fareham, Hampshire PO17 5JN. All welcome. Call Mike on 02392 357041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• CHESTNUT TREE, 227 Weyhill Road, Andover, Hampshire SP10 3LL. Tel 01264 323886. Ruth Davison has recently taken over as manager. Weekly bike meets. Bike nights one week and rideouts from the pub the next. Charity events also planned.
• CLEVELAND BAY, Pilgrims Close, Valley Park, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hants SO53 4ST. Tel 02380 269814. Open 11.30am to 11pm (midnight Friday, 10.30pm Sunday). Wednesday bike night.
• DEPARTURE LOUNGE CAFÉ, Basingstoke Road, Alton, Hampshire GU34 4BH. Tel 0142080111. Friendly cafe amid great biking roads. www.thedepartureloungecafe.co.uk
• HASLEMERE MOTORCYCLES, Peterfield Road, Whitehill, Hants GU35 9AR. Bike night on 1st Wednesday of month, 6.30-9pm. www.haslemeremotorcycles.co.uk
• JOLLY MILLER PUB, Hook Road, North Warnborough, Hants RG29 1ET. Tel 01256 702085. Open 11.30am-11pm (noon to 10.30pm Sun). Licensee Robert Thompson is an ex-biker who loves bikes. Rideouts start from the Boyes Garage, Kilham at about 6.30pm. Info: Fran Cowton 01262 420399.
• LOOMIES CAFE, situated at the crossroads of the A32 and A272 at West Meon, Hampshire. Tel 01730 829409. Wednesday bike night, 6pm till late.
• NEW FOREST BIKE NIGHT, Gang Warily, Newlands Road, Blackfield, Fawley, New Forest SO45 1GA. Every Thursday night from 6-10pm, April to September. £2 per bike. A bike night run by bikers for bikers to aid the Hampshire & IoW Air Ambulance. Info from Matthew Sweed 07717 214072. www.bike-night.piczo.com
• QUAYSIDE CAFE, Hazel Road, Woolston, Southampton. Call 02380 433956. Bike nights every Thursday from 6.30pm.
• RED LION PUB, Gosport Road, Stubbington, nr Fareham, Hampshire PO14 2LD. Tel 01329 662003. Bike night every Monday throughout the year, but bikers welcome anytime.
• SOUTHAMPTON MAG: Meets 9pm Wednesdays at The Cricketers, Chestnut Avenue, Eastleigh, Hants SO53 3HN.
• BROADLAKES LODGE SOCIAL CLUB, Shenley Lane, London Colney, Herts AL2 1DQ. Tel 01727 822240. Email email@example.com Meeting place for many bike clubs including the Busy Bee, and regional branches of the Harley, Triumph, Scott, Virago VMCC and more. Main bike meet Thursdays.
• EANA MOTORCYCLE CLUB, meets about 9pm Thursdays, King & Tinker public house, Whitewebbs Lane, Enfield, Middlesex EN2 9HJ. Club contact 07889 600402 or 07710 171166.
• GREEN DRAGON, Flaunden, Hertfordshire HP3 0PP. Tel 01442 832269. The Old Codgers, better known as Dad’s Army or GAG (the Get Along Gang), meet here every Wednesday evening from about 6pm but you will find a member or two supping a pint at the bar most nights. For more info call Mike on 07887 751876. www.bovingdon.net/bbc.asp
• STEVENAGE & DISTRICT MCC: Meets at different pubs throughout Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire every Monday evening from 8pm. Info: www.stevenagemotorcycleclub.org or call secretary, Mike Taylor, on 01438 354130.
• THE THREE TUNS HOTEL, 6 High Street, Ashwell, Herts SG7 5NL. Tel 01462 742107. www.tuns.co.uk A famous bikers’ pub in the 80s that aims to be so again now under the management of Harley rider Sharon Collins.
• CRAYFORD ARMS, 37 High Street, Crayford, Kent DA1 4HH. Tel 01322 521467. Open daily normal pub hours.
• FOLKESTONE MAG: Meets from 8pm Tuesdays at the Euphoria, East Street (by the harbour), Folkestone, Kent.
• GRAVESEND MCC: Meets every Thursday evening, Ascot Arms, Central Avenue, Gravesend, Kent DA12 OAN. More info 07740 341042.
• H’S CAFE AT KENT MOTORCYCLES, Dover Road (A2), nr Barnham, Canterbury, Kent CT4 6SA. Tel 01227 832601. Cafe open weekdays 7.30am-3.30pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-4pm. Bikers’ night is Wednesday night from 6pm-9.30pm. Demo rides seven days a week. Workshop open seven days a week.
• THE HARROW INN, Harrow Road, Knockholt, Kent TN14 7JT. Bike night every Wednesday. Home-made cooked food. Great location. www.theharrowinnknockholt.co.uk
• HONDA OWNERS CLUB (Kent branch) wwwhockent.org.uk contact Mike h: 01322 400775 email firstname.lastname@example.org meet at The Windmill, Hollingbourne 1st Wednesday and The Pied Bull, Farningham 3rd Wednesday both from 8pm. Mature riders, regular rides.
• MEDWAY MAG: Meet from 8.30pm Mondays at the Beacon Court Tavern, 128 Canterbury Street, Gillingham, Kent ME7 5TP. MAG contact Ivor Presland 07932 543213.
• MERRYCHEST CAFE, Watling Street, Bean, nr Dartford, Kent DA2 8AH. Tel 01474 8322371. Open daily 6.30am-5pm. Good food, cafe run by sisters Tracey, Julie and Terry.
• OAKDENE CAFE, London Road, Wrotham, Kent TN15 7RR. Tel 01732 884873. www.oakdenecafe.co.uk Open Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri 6am-6.30pm, weekends 6am-5pm.
• TSUNAMI RIDERS MCC. Meet Tuesdays from 8.30pm, The Black Horse, High Street, Bean, Dartford, Kent DA2 8AS. Call 01474 708 669 or 07929 241 432.
• BLACKPOOL MAG: meets at 7.30pm on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of month at Blackpool Rugby Club, Fleetwood Road, Thornton-Cleveleys FY5 1RN. Details at www.north-west-region.mag-uk.org
• CAFE RACER, Coal Pit Lane (off Wigan Road), Atherton, Lancashire M46 0FY. Tel 07855 353474. Finest quality, freshly prepared breakfasts, burgers and international gourmet dishes. Regular bike meetings and rideouts. Ample parking. Open 7 days from 8.30am until the last person leaves. Find us on Facebook.
• COAST RIDERS CAFE, Wimbourne, Cropper Road, Blackpool, Lancashire FY4 5LB. Open Friday 6pm-9pm, Saturday 9.30am-4pm, Sunday 9.30am-6pm and Monday 6pm-9pm. Indoor café and bar with stage area for live events and outdoor facilities including camping. Eight acres of grounds for outdoor events. Ideal rideout destination. www.coastriderscafe.com
• DICK TURPIN DISCIPLES. Meet 7pm, 3rd Sunday of month at the Todber Caravan Park, on the A682 Gisburn to Barrowford Road, Lancs. New members welcome.
• GANNOW WHARF, Gannow Wharf, 168-170 Gannow Lane, Burnley BB12 6QH. Tel 07855 315498. www.wharfmcc.org Meet every Thursday at 8.30pm. Ride out 1st Sunday of month. Cask ale and a good laugh.
• HARTWOOD HALL – South Lancs Advanced Motorcyclists (SLAM). Meet first Thursday of the month 8pm at the Hartwood Hall, Preston Rd, Chorley PR6 7AX Tel. 08452 709409. Improve your riding skills and join a brilliant club. www.slambikers.co.uk
• HINDLEY MCC. Meets Tuesday evenings at The Church Inn, Newton Road, corner of Sandy Lane, Lowton WA3 1DG. Club contact Don Kirkpatrick 07745 748084 or email email@example.com
• KNOTT END CAFE, 3 Ramsay Court, Knott End-on-Sea FY6 OEA. Tel 01252 811948. Open every day, 9.30am-5pm and from April to October until 9pm on Wednesdays. Popular meet for bikers. Live music some Wednesdays in summer.
• LAST ORDERS, Drake Street, Rochdale, Lancs OL16 1SD. Tel 01706 351624. New owner and new name for the old Mucky Duck.
• NABS HEAD, Nabs Head Lane, Samlesbury, nr Preston, Lancs PR5 0UQ. Tel 01254 852455. Open daily lunchtime and evenings. Home of the VJMC’s annual Nabs Head Classic Bike Show and a popular meeting place for bikers.
• THE OLD SPRINGS, Kitt Green (Spring Road), Orrell, Wigan WN5 0JJ (near Heinz Factory). Rock Night every 3rd Saturday of month â€“ Home of Scythes BC. Free entry to all and a great atmosphere. Check out ScythesBC on Facebook.
• ROADSTERS MCC BLACKPOOL meets at The River Wyre pub in Poulton le Fylde FY6 7JZ every Thursday from 7pm. www.roadstersmcc.co.uk
• RIVINGTON BARN, off the A673, Horwich, Lancs BL6 7SB. Big bike meets summer Sundays. Rivington Barn Bikers www.rivingtonbarn.com
• SCYTHES BC. Newly formed club in Wigan area. Old school biker and family values. Non political club, new members always welcome contact: Vague 07707 895934. Anyone with any objections to name please contact Vague.
• SIR CHARLES NAPIER PUB, 10 Limbrick, Blackburn, Lancashire BB1 8AA. Open every day, noon until midnight. Live band and rock DJ Fridays, Classic rock DJ Saturdays, punk and Karaoke Tuesdays and Thursdays. Red Rose MAG meets every Monday 8pm. Call 01254 52928 or visit www.charlesnapierrocks.com
• SOUTHPORT CAROUSEL, Silcocks Amusements, Southport. Tel 07701 009967. www.southportriders.com Wednesdays from 7pm people from all corners of biking meet up and organise rides and admire the 1000s of bikes on show.
• SOUTHPORT ROADRUNNERS, weekly rideouts from the BP Garage, Preston New Road, Crossens, Southport PR9 8NV. Meet from 6.45 for 7pm start. More info from 01704 212123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• WESTHOUGHTON MCC. Meets 8pm on 2nd and 4th Mondays of month at the Bull and Butcher, 426 Westleigh Lane, Leigh WN7 5PU. Call Yvonne 07982 232122.
• EAST MIDLAND BIKERS CLUB. Meets 7pm onwards every 2nd and 4th Sun at The Beeches, Burton Rd, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leics. Rideouts, foreign holidays, charity toy run, Easter egg run, and an Air Ambulance Poker Run. A warm welcome assured. More info on all aspects, tel Martyn 07882661571 or visit www.embikers.com
• FOSSE RIDERS MCA, The (former) King Richard III School, Western Park, A47 (Hinckley Road), Leics. Tel 07885 254545. www.fosse-riders.co.uk Thousands of ACU National Rally riders will be familiar with the Fosse Riders’ clubhouse as a checkpoint on the annual marathon. Visitors are welcome at meets at 8pm on Thursdays.
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON RIDERS CLUB OF GB (Naseby Field Region 21) Meet 1st Thursday of month at the Welland Lodge Pub, Harborough Road, Lubenham, Leics and every 3rd Thurs of month at the Royal Oak, Church Street, Naseby, Northants. More info 07919401298 or www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/
• LEICESTER PHOENIX MCC, meet 9pm every Tuesday, Heathcote Arms, Croft, Leics LE9 6EG. Call 078027 60527 or visit www.leicestershirephoenixmcc.co.uk
• VICTORIA BIKERS’ PUB, (the Queen Vic), Whitwick Road, Coalville, Leics LE67 3FA. (Follow signs from A511 for Hermitage Hotel). Tel 01530 814718. www.vicbikerspub.co.uk. Monday: Three Wheelers Night – trikes, sidecars, bubble cars, plastic pigs. Wednesday: Classic Wheels Night – anything old ’n’ bold. Thursday: The Big One Bike Night – all makes and models. Sunday afternoon: Cruise In – refreshment stop for bikers on the move.
• WILD OX, A46, Six Hills, Leicester LE14 3PD. Big bike meets every Tues evening during the summer.
• A57 CAFE, Saxilby Rd, Odder, Lincoln LN1 2BB. (Lincoln bypass end of A57). Tel 07507 608698. Mon-Sat 8am-1.30pm, Sun 8-11.30am Mick & Debs Rylatt offer a 5 star rated welcome. Large lay-by and ample parking. Ideal stop on way to coast.
• BLACK SWAN, South Street, Horncastle, Lincs LN9 6EF. 01507 522378. Normal pub hours. Bikers always welcome but the pub also hosts two well-supported annual bike nights.
• BMF NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE. Meets second Monday of each month, from about 7pm, at the Dog and Rat, Broughton, nr Scunthorpe DN20 0JR. Would-be members welcome. Email: email@example.com
• BOSTON ADVANCED MOTORCYCLISTS. Meet 6.30pm on Tuesday evenings throughout the summer at the Algarkirk Services (A16/A17), nr Boston, Lincs for observed rideouts. During the winter months the group meets one Sunday morning a month at the same venue. Other rideouts and social events arranged through the year. Check out www.bostonadvancedmotorists.co.uk or contact Des Riley on 07986 499054.
• CASTLE INN, Coningsby, Lincs LN4 4RF. Tel 01526 342336. Trev Bridgwood now runs club nights for Virago Star Owners who meet on 2nd Wednesday of month from about 7.30pm.
• CHERRY TREE FARM PARK, Gainsborough Road, Glentham, Market Rasen, Lincs LN8 2EG. Café recommended by readers.
• EBRINGTON ARMS, Main Street, Kirkby-on-Bain, Woodhall Spa, Lincs LN10 6YT. Tel 01526 354560. Open noon-3pm, 6pm-midnight and all day Sun. Lincolnshire branch of the Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club (The Missing Lincs) meets 2nd and 4th Mon of month but all welcome.
• GLASSHOUSE CAFE AND CRAFTS, Main Road (A153) Tattershall Bridge, Tattershall, Lincs LN4 4JW. Tel 01526 869 018. Open Mon to Fri 9am-5pm, weekends 8am-6pm. Bike nights every Fri from 6.30pm. Paddock available for free camping.
• GREEN MAN, Scamblesby, Louth, Lincs LN11 9XG. Tel 01507 343282. Normal pub hours Sun-Wed, open all day Thurs-Sat. Handy for Cadwell for race meetings and trackdays. Banovallum MCC meets 1st Thurs of month.
• HARLEY-DAVIDSON RIDERS CLUB OF GB, Lincs Region. Meets 1st and 3rd Tues, Turnor Arms, Wragby; 2nd Tues, Steers Arms, Belton; last Tues, Station Inn, Holbeach. Info: 07903 804332, www.harley-davidson-hangout.com
• HARTSHOLME COUNTRY PARK CAFE, Hartsholme Country Park, Skellingthorpe Road, Lincoln LN6 0EY. Tel 07970 740024. Owner Paul Nicholls offers a warm welcome to motorcyclists seven days a week – 9am-6pm weekdays and until 7pm at weekends.
• HOPE & ANCHOR, Sluice Road, South Ferriby, North Lincs BN18 6JQ. Tel 01652 635242. Open daily 11.30am-11pm. Tues bike nights.
• HOPE TAVERN, Caistor Road, Holton-le-Moor, Market Rasen, Lincs LN7 6AH. 01673 828217. North Lincs Ducati Owners Club meets 2nd Tues of month from 7pm.
• HORSESHOE PUBLIC HOUSE, London Road, Silk Willoughby, nr Sleaford, Lincs NG34 8NZ. Tel 01529 303153. Open daily normal pub hours. Bike nights from 6pm every Wed. They are at their peak from April until early October but are impromptu and continue all year.
• LINCOLNSHIRE ADVANCED MOTORCYCLISTS. Meet 8pm, first Wed of month, Station Farm, Kirton Lindsey. Group observed rides the Sunday following each meeting at locations throughout the county. Call John Cheetham 01427 616864. Visit www.lincs-am.org.uk
• LINCOLNSHIRE BIKE NIGHTS. Graham Sugdon has been running Wednesday bike nights all over the county since 1989. Info: www.lincolnshirebikenights.com
• NORTH LINCS DUCATI CLUB meets at The Salutation Inn, Nettleton, near Caistor LN7 6NP. Tel 01472 851228. Meetings 2nd Tuesday of the month from 7pm.
• OLD NICKS TAVERN, 8 North Street, Horncastle, Lincs LN9 5DX. Tel 01507 526862. Visit www.oldnickstavern.co.uk Biker welcoming pub with a packed live music programme.
• RED LION, High Street, Ruskington, Sleaford, Lincs NG 34 9DZ. Bike nights starting on Sunday 28 June, then hopefully every fortnight. Contact Kelly or Andrea on 01526 832461.
• RED LION, The Bull Ring, off Louth Road, Horncastle, Lincs LN9 5HT. Tel 01507 523338. Open daily 11am-11pm. Mid-Lincs MAG meets 7.30pm 2nd and 4th Sun every month. Club website: www.midlincs.mag-uk.org Motorcycle youth group also meets there.
• THE SHIP & ATLANTIC BAR, Skegness PE25 1RZ. Welcomes bikers anytime but would be pleased to offer a regular meeting place. Contact Lydia Cummings 01754 763382.
• SKEGNESS MCC: Meets at Ye Old Burgh Inn, Burgh le Marsh, nr Skegness, Lincs PE24 5JR, on Wednesday evenings at 8pm. More info: Nancy Wilson 01507 490308. www.skegnessmotorcycleclub.piczo.com
• WHITE HART HOTEL, Cornhill, Spilsby, Lincolnshire PE23 JP. Bike night on 4th Thursday of month at 8pm. Open to all who have an interest in motorcycling. A range of events will include guest speakers, quiz nights and film shows. Info: Peter 01790 753219, Mark/Lynne 01526 344324 or John 01205 750525.
• WOLDS BIKERS. An outgoing and friendly club. Classic or modern, large or small engine, you will be more than welcome to participate in rideouts, social and club events, etc. 1st Monday of month meet (7.30pm) at the Service Area, Holdingham Roundabout, Sleaford (July 4, August 1, September 5). 3rd Monday of month meet (7.30pm) at lay-by, Boston Road Service Station, Horncastle (July 18, August 15). All finishing at the Coach and Horses on the A153 at Billinghay. Info: John 07920 859118.
• WILLINGHAM WOODS, Market Rasen, Lincs (off the A631 towards Louth) Tel 01673 849778. Popular meeting place for bikers particularly Wed nights when the cafe/kiosk stays open late. www.willinghamwoods.com
• ACE CAFE, North Circular Road, Stonebridge, London NW10 7UD. Tel 0208 961 1000 www.ace-cafe-london.com Open 7am-11pm weekdays, 7am-late weekends. The most famous bikers’ cafe in the world and rightly so. Home to dozens of bike club meets, great rock and rockabilly music.
• CHELSEA BRIDGE. Open till late, Battersea Park tea-stall opposite the old power station is a favourite when the rest of the world has gone to bed. But police have cracked down on the stunts and a long cooling off period may be necessary before the Friday night activity returns to its former glory.
• DOGGS BOLLOCKS MCC. Meets every Wednesday from 8.30pm at The Breakspear Arms, Breakspear Road South, Ruislip, West London UB9 6LT. Contact Del on 07889 852428 or visit www.doggsbollocksmcc.com
• HARD ROCK CAFE, 150 Old Park Lane, London W1K 1QZ. Tel 020 7514 1700. www.hardrock.com Bikers’ nights 1st Thursday of month throughout summer. An open-to-all meeting that only Harleys attend.
• HONDA OWNERS’ CLUB (GB) WEST LONDON meets every Wednesday all year round at The Admiral Hawke, Green Street, Lower Sunbury TW16 6RD. 07539 077507 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 59 CLUB, 387a Barking Road, Plaistow E13 8AL. Meets from 7.30 every Wed and Sat apart from bank holidays. The one and only 59 Club and still going strong after all these years. Venue available for other clubs to meet. Visit www.the59clu.org.uk email the59club@hotmail or phone club nights 07990 768627.
• LONDON SIDECAR CLUB, meets every other Wednesday, Old Fire Brigade Sports Ground, Purfleet Road, Aveley, Thurrock. See www.londonsidecarclub.co.uk
• NORTH LONDON HONDA OWNERS’ CLUB, meet 8.30pm every Thursday, The King’s Oak, High Beach, Loughton, Essex IG10 4AE. Tel 07768 613 315. www.nlhoc.org.uk
• SIROCCO SPORTS BAR, 39-45 Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1D 6LA. Tel 0207 437 0847. www.siroccolondon.com MotoGP, World Superbikes and BSB on the menu for live Sky Sports screenings at London premier sports bar.
• WEST MIDDLESEX MCC. Meets about 8pm every Wed, The Queens Head, High Street, Cranford, Middlesex TW5 9PB. Regular rideouts, camping weekends and European biking holidays. Info: Steve 07915 656760 or visit www.wmmcc.co.uk
• BELL AND BARREL, 58 North John Street, St Helens, Merseyside WA10 2JT. Tel 01744 451081. Open until 11pm (1am Fri and Sat). Licensees Darren and Angela Crabbe offer a warm welcome to bikers. Rock band Fri nights.
• NORTHWEST RIDEOUT CLUB. Rideout every Sunday from the Park Hotel, Dunningsbridge Road, Switch Island, North Liverpool. Harry Spencer 01695 422003 or Brian Crossett 01928 735806.
• SCARISBRICK ARMS, Black-a-moor Lane, Downholland, Ormskirk L397HX. Tel 08721 077077. Lainey and Paul welcome all to Wednesday night bike meet. Great location, canalside beer garden, big car park, burgers, live bands, cask beers.
• SCOTCH PIPER, Southport Rd, Lydiate, Liverpool, Merseyside L31 4HD. Tel 07701 009967. www.southportriders.com Meeting place for bikers from all over the north west every Wednesday evening.
• WATERLOO & DISTRICT MOTOR CLUB meets 8.30pm 3rd Wed of month at the Railway Club, Melling Road, Aintree. Rideouts (early and late) every Sun morning from McDonald’s, Switch Island Leisure Park, Dunnings Bridge Road, Liverpool. Visit www.wdmc.co.uk Contact club secretary Gerry Donnelly 01514 74 4158 or ride co-ordinator Ian Thomas 07784 730895.
• WIRRAL ADVANCED MOTORCYCLISTS (WAM). Club meets 8pm 2nd Tues of month at Roundel RAFA Club, junction Alton/Shewsbury Road, Oxton. Rideouts every Sunday. Contact email@example.com
• WEST MIDDLESEX MCC meets about 8pm every Wed, The Queens Head, High Street, Cranford, Middlesex TW5 9PB. Regular rideouts, camping weekends and European biking holidays. Info: Steve 07915 656760 or visit www.wmmcc.co.uk
• FENLANDERS HARLEY OWNERS GROUP meets first Sunday of month at The Crown, Mundford, Norfolk. New members always welcome, passing Harley riders feel free to drop in – good food, great beer. Rideouts, rallies and events all season. Main club rally last weekend of July every year. For tickets or for traders wishing to attend rally please email the firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fenlandershog.com for more details.
• KING’S LYNN & FEN RIDERS MC, The Chequers, Wimbotsham, Norfolk PE34 3QG. Meet 7.30pm 2nd Mon of month. Other days/times/locations at www.fenriders.org.uk
• THETFORD AND DISTRICT MCC. Meets 8pm, alternate Thursdays, Thetford Rugby Club, Two Mile Bottom, Munford Road, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 1LW. Info: Alan Lockwood 01842 763744. www.thetfordmotorcycleclub.com
• WEST NORFOLK MAG. Meets at The Chequers, Wimbotsham, Norfolk PE34 3QG. Wednesday from 8pm. Contact Dave Crake email: email@example.com
• WHITE SWAN, North Quay, Great Yarmouth NR30 1PU. Tel 01493 842027. Open daily 11am-11pm. Riverside pub not far from the more crowded seafront.
• ARGENT MCC, Northampton. Friendly and fun club meet up on 2nd Saturday at 8pm and 4th Saturday of month at 9pm, The Romany pub, Trinity Avenue NN2 6JN. Newcomers welcome. Contact Hammer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or look for us on Facebook.
• CANNON PUB, 71 Cannon Street, Wellingborough, Northants NN8 4DJ. 07500 808325. Bike/rock pub close to the town centre. Large parking area, live bands every Saturday and various events during the week. Open Monday-Saturday, 11am-11pm, Sunday noon-10.30pm.
• GREAT DODDINGTON CLUB BIKERS. Meet Great Doddington Club, Lower St, Great Doddington, Northants NN29 7TL. Tel 01933 226009 www.doddingtonclub.com Popular music venue with bike night every Tues 7-11pm.
• HARLEQUIN PUB, 136 Stamford Road, Kettering, Northants NN16 9UA. Open daily 11am to midnight. Popular meeting place for bikers – no idiots. Friday night is band night. Jam sessions Sundays from about 5.30pm. Occasional rideouts and barbecues.
• JACK’S HILL CAFE, Watling Street (A5) just north of Towcester, Northants NN12 8ET. Tel 01327 350522. Open 6am-10pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 6am-2pm, Sunday 7.30am-2pm. Long-established cafe that serves as the start or finish of countless breakfast runs. Biggest turnouts early Sunday mornings.
• KING BILLY (King William), Commercial Street, Northampton NN1 1PJ. Tel 01604 621325. Open daily noon-11pm, weekends noon-midnight. Bikers’ pub near the centre of town that really comes alive in the evenings with plenty of live music dates and special events.
• NORTHANTS RIDERS. Meet from about 7.30pm every Wednesday the White Hart, High Street (A45) Flore, Northants, NN7 4LW. All types of bikes, rideouts, trackdays and more. All welcome. See www.northantsriders.com
• NORTHANTS AND MILTON KEYNES BRANCH OF THE HONDA OWNERS’ CLUB meet 7.30 every Wednesday evening The Ten O'Clock pub, Little Harrowden, Northants. Rideouts every other Wednesday from same location. Riders of all makes of motorcycle welcome. Call 07863 599992 or visit www.northants.hoc.org.uk
• OLD SWAN, Higham Ferrers, Northants NN10 8BJ. Call 01933 385378. Bike nights every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Loads of live music.
• SUPER SAUSAGE CAFE, Watling Street (A5), Potterspury, nr Towcester, Northampton NN12 7QD (10 mins from Silverstone Circuit). Open 7 days a week from 7.30am to 2.45pm. All day Thursdays to 8.30pm for bike night meet up. Contact Gail 07787 411052 or 01908 542964.
• DURHAM OX, Cromford Road, Langley Mill, Notts NG16 4EX. Tel 01773 763408. A one-time bikers’ favourite that has changed hands and opened and closed numerous times over the last few years. Band nights every Saturday.
• MFN CLUB, Shipley Gate, Eastwood, Nottinghamshire NG16 3JE. Tel. 01773 530313. Visit www.mfn-club.co.uk Bike nights, live music, rallies. Highly recommended.
• OLD CHANDLERY RESTAURANT, Sawley Marina, near Long Eaton NG10 3AE. Tel 01159 460300. Welcomes all bikers and trikers in a nice surrounding. 5 min from Donington Park. 3 min from M1 jct 24. 1 min from A50. Friday fresh fish and chips till late. Breakfast to home-made cooked food. www.theoldchandleryrestaurant.co.uk
• VSOC CENTRE 9, The Lost Riders. For all Yamaha Virago and Star motorcycles. First Tuesday every month, 7.30pm. Mellish RFC Ltd, War Memorial Ground, Mapperley Plains, Nottingham NG3 5RX.
• H CAFE (formerly Fox’s Diner), Deacons Garage, Oxford Road, Dorchester-on-Thames, Oxford OX10 7LY. New name and owner for an established bikers’ favourite.
• WEST OXON MAG, meets 8.30pm every Tuesday The New Inn, Corn Street, Witney, Oxon OX28 6AU. Call Rob 07905 003585 or visit westoxonmag.org.uk
• LYNN’S RAVEN CAFE, Junction A41/149 Preesheath, Whitchurch, Shropshire SY13 2AF. Tel 01948 665691. www.lynnsravencafe.co.uk The best all-day breakfast in the business
• That’s this cafe’s claim. One of the country’s biggest biker friendly cafes with indoor seating for 260 and space for another 40 alfresco. Good food and good biking roads make it well worth a visit. Check website for special events.
• MIDWAY TRUCKSTOP, A41/A49 Prees Heath, Whitchurch, Shropshire SY13 3JT. Tel 01948 663160. Biker-friendly cafe. More info: www.midwaytruckstop.co.uk
• MONTFORD BRIDGE CAFE AND PICNIC AREA, off the A5 nr Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Bike meet every Tuesday from 7pm throughout the summer. Good food, hot and cold drinks. Visit www.montfordbridgecafe.co
• THE ROMPING CAT, Old Woods, Bomere Heath, nr Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 3AX. Rainbringers MCC meet on a Friday night at this bike friendly pub. www.rainbringers.co.uk
• HUNTERS LODGE INN, Bayford Street, Leigh Common, Wincanton, Somerset BA9 8LD. Tel 01747 840439. Thursday bike meets in summer can pull in as many as 500.
• SCALLY'S, Carlton Street, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, BS23 1UA. Tel 01934 412541.
• SOMERSET MOTORCYCLE GROUP based in Highbridge, Somerset meet every 3rd Sunday of the month, at The Bristol Bridge Inn, Highbridge, at 8pm. Most rideouts start from here. Contact Norman 07759 907514.
• WAGGON & HORSES, Peasedown St John, Bath, Somerset BA2 8DL. Tel 01761 437250. Bikers always welcome. Home of the Waggoneers MCC.
• WAGGON & HORSES, Doulting Beacon, nr Shepton Mallett BA4 4LA. Bike night every Friday, April to September. Bike night menu. On top of the Mendip hills, between Bath and Glastonbury. 01749 880302.
• WATCHFIELD INN, Watchfield Mark, nr Highbridge, Somerset. Tel 01278773851. www.nabd.org.uk National Association for Bikers with a Disability (NABD) North Somerset meet from 7.30pm 3rd Tuesday of month.
• WESTON BIKE NIGHTS, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset. Every Thursday night until Sept 29, 6pm-9pm. Venue: Weston seafront from Tropicana to Royal Sands. Bands, solo artists, magic acts and other street artists. Also attending will be Mutts Nutts rolling road. Theme nights with trophies: Jap Power, Scooter/125, American Power, Custom/street fighter, Trikes, European Power, Classic, Scrapheap Challenge and Bike of the year. For full details go to Weston Bike Night on Facebook or westonbikenight.rblr.co.uk
• BRADFORD ARMS, Ivetsey Bank, Wheaton Aston, South Staffs ST19 9QT. 01785 840297. Open daily normal pub hours. Monday bike night from 6pm to 11pm. Big numbers attend during peak season.
• HEDNESFORD MCC, Hednesford, Staffs. Meet from 8pm Wednesdays at Churchill Victoria WMC, Hednesford. Info: Mick 01543 572076 or Bill 01543 876645.
• NEW INN, Five Lanes End, Burton Road, Needwood, Staffs DE13 9PB. Tel 01283 575392. www.newinn.co.uk Open daily noon-3pm and 6pm-11pm. Sunday night bike meets held through spring and summer.
• UNWANTED MCC. Meet from 7.30pm every Friday, Rockbar, Shobnall Sports and Social Club, Shobnall Road, Burton-on-Trent, Staffs DE14 2BB. Free rock disco and free camping. www.unwantedmcc.co.uk
• BURY ST EDMUNDS MAG meet at The Sugar Beet Factory Sports & Social Club, Hollow Road, Bury St Edmunds, 1st and 3rd Wed at 8pm. Contact Herb 07860 690 047. Email email@example.com
• FAT BOB’S CAFE, Boasts Industrial Park, Beccles, Suffolk. Tel 01502 713251. Open 9.30am-4pm Tues to Fri, 8.30am-4pm Sat. Late night bikers’ night Fri, open Sun morning.
• ROAD RUNNER RIDERS meet every Wednesday night from 7.30pm at Fleece Inn, Mendlesham IP14 5RX. Friendly and social atmosphere. All welcome. For more details contact us at www.roadrunnerriders.com
• ROSE & CROWN, Beck Row, Mildenhall, Suffolk IP28 8AP. All bikers, trikers, learners, pillions welcome. Every Thursday night from March onwards. Info: 01638 713407.
• ROSE & CROWN, Bury Road, Stanton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP31 2BZ. Tel 01359 250236. Biker-friendly pub on one of East Anglia's best biking roads – the A143. Breakfast served from 8am seven days a week. www.stantonroseandcrown.co.uk
• 3B’s RC Surrey meet fortnightly at The Hen & Chickens Pub, 200 Guildford Road, Bisley, Surrey GU24 9DJ at 8pm. Rallies, rideouts, partying and having fun. Info: Alan 07760 337279 or see www.3B's.uk.com
• BOX HILL AND RYKA’S CAFE, Box Hill, Surrey, (off the A424 between Leatherhead and Dorking). www.boxhill.co.uk. National Trust site that has been attracting bikers since the 1920s. Ryka’s has a reputation for top burgers and is at the heart of the action. You will find it at Old London Road, Burford Bridge, Dorking RH5 6BY. Tel 07730 661013. Open (summer) 8am-9pm, (winter) 8am-7pm. Wednesday bike nights but even more motorcycles turn up on summer Sundays.
• THE BELL INN, Outwood Lane, Outwood, nr Redhill, Surrey. A great pub located in the heart of the Surrey countryside. Real ales, great food, fortnightly quiz nights, monthly curry nights. Tel 01342 842989 or visit www.fullers.co.uk
• CURTANA RC Surrey is a new rally club in Surrey established March 2012. Aims are parties, rallies and supporting clubs in the Surrey area. Loyalty, honour friendship and commitment are our strengths. If you can match this call in to meet us at The Mytchett Community Centre, 140 Mytchett Road, Mytchett, Surrey. Meetings twice monthly or call Geoff (President) 07814 135328 or VP Alan 07760 337279.
• NEWLANDS CORNER car park and burger bar. Opening hours a bit vague but roughly 9am-5pm every day. Off the A25 about three miles east of Guildford, at the top of the hill. Regular summer meeting place. Nice views.
• VIRAGO STAR OWNERS’ CLUB (Centre 14 South London and Surrey). Meet 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at The Well House Inn, Chipstead Lane, Coulsdon, Surrey CR5 3SQ. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01737 830640.
• BURY HILL BIKERS’ GROUP, meets Hikers’ Cafe, Whiteways Lodge Carpark, nr Arundel, West Sussex. Also pub meets 1st Thursday every month. Visit www.buryhillbikers.co.uk or call Ozza on 07900 408399.
• BRIGHTON MAG, meets at The Royal Coach Public House, Brighton Road, Shoreham (A259 Coast Rd) on 1st and 3rd Wednesday of month from 7.45pm. Friendly and social atmosphere. All types of bikes/ bikers welcome. Visit brighton.mag-uk.org
• CHERRIES CAFE, Handcross, West Sussex, southbound A23, 1 mile past Pease Pottage Services, 2nd turning, next to BP. Open 7 days a week. Bikers welcome. 01444 400379 / 07735 878007. www.cherriescafe.co.uk
• WESSONS CAFE, High Street, Horam, Heathfield, East Sussex TN21 OER. Tel 01435 813999. www.wessonscafe.com Café now open seven days a week – Mon-Fri 7am-2pm; Sat 9am-4pm; Sun and bank holidays 10am-4pm. Popular year-round meeting place.
• WEST SUSSEX TRIUMPH OWNER’S MCC meets every Wednesday at Ship and Anchor, Ford, nr Arundel, 8.30-10.30pm. Info: www.r.j.baker.btinternet.co.uk/tomcc.htm
• WHITEWAYS CAFE, Bury Hill, Houghton, Arundel BN18 9FD. Tel 01798 831892. Popular destination that can attract up to 300 bikers on summer Sundays.
• WILLOW CAFE, Helingly, Hailsham, East Sussex BN27 4BT. Tel 01323 843362. Cafe with a motorbike and car theme, with memorabilia from past decades. On display is Hinkley Triumph's first Championship bike. www.willow-cafe.co.uk
• WIMA (Women’s International Motorcycling Assoc). Meets 2nd Sunday every month 10am for a 10.30am departure at Rushfields Garden Centre, Henfield Road, Poynings, Sussex BN45 7AY. All ages and any bike type welcome. Info: www.wimagb.co.uk or call WIMA Central 0560 165 9779.
TYNE & WEAR
• NORTHUMBERLAND AND DURHAM (CENTRE 4) OF THE VIRAGO STAR OWNERS’ CLUB, meets 2nd Wednesday of month at Earl of Zetland, North Shields, Tyne and Wear and last Saturday of month at The Black Bull, Trimdon Village, County Durham. www.vsoc.org.uk
• TYNE VALLEY CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE CLUB, meets the last Wednesday of the month at Robin Hood pub, Military Road, East Wallhouses from 7.30pm onwards. See www.tynevalleyclassicmotorcycleclub.co.uk
• ARROW MILL HOTEL, Arrow, nr Alcester, Warks B49 5NL. Tel 01789 762419. Open daily 7.30am-midnight. Grand setting for informal bike meets from 3pm every Sunday. Meetings continue on smaller scale in winter.
• ROYAL OAK, 144 Alcester Road (A435), Studley B80 7NT. Tel 01527 850603. Bikers always welcome. Bike night and South Birmingham MAG meeting on Tues nights from 7pm. Basket meals available.
• RUGBY MAG meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays of month, 8pm, The George, Bilton. All welcome. Info: Di 07949 867760.
• WATERMAN, Birmingham Road, Hatton, Warks CV35 7JJ. Tel 01926 492427. Open daily 11am until late. Wed bike nights sometimes attract 2000-plus.
• BASSETTS POLE INN, London Road, Bassetts Pole, nr Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B75 5SA. Tel 0121 308 0987. Open daily 11am-11pm. Popular with bikers seven days a week in the summer but it goes crazy on Tues nights when the car park hosts one of the biggest bike meets in the country.
• BLACK COUNTRY MAG: Meets from about 8.30pm every Mon at The Park Inn, George Street, Woodsetton, Dudley, West Midlands DY1 4LN. Visit www.mag-uk.org and go to West Midlands Branch link.
• ROADHOUSE BAR, Waterfront East, Merry Hill, Dudley DY5 1XJ. Tel 01384 572205. Open from 10am. Great coffee and excellent food.
• WEST MIDLANDS MAG. Meet 8pm 1st Thurs of month at Bewell Head Working Mens’ Club, 44 Bewell Head, off Broad Street, Bromsgrove, B61 8HY. More details Eddie 01527 575843 or Debbie 07901 564460. www.ag-org.uk
• ANTELOPE INN, 3 The High Street, Upavon, Wiltshire SN9 6EA. Tel 01980 630206. www.antelope-inn.co.uk Bike night every Wed from about 7pm onwards. Large car park and very good biking roads to get here. Special offers on food and drink available.
• THE CHURCHILL ARMS, High Street, West Lavington SN10 4JB. Tel 01380 812287. Bike night every Wednesday from 7pm. BBQ during the summer months and a deal on ‘biker’ drink. Being on the edge of Salisbury Plain there are very good biker roads all around and the plain for our off-road friends.
• LYSLEY ARMS, Pewsham, Chippenham, Wilts SN15 3RU. Tel 01249 652864. Open 11am-11pm Mon to Sat, noon-11pm Sun. Summer bike nights and barbecues.
• THE OLD SHIP HOTEL, Mere, Wiltshire BA12 6JE (1 minute from the A303). Bike meet Monday evenings. Biker friendly landlord, barbecue etc. Info: Ray Pundsack 01747 860258 email@example.com
• SALISBURY MAG, meet 8.30pm Mondays, The Three Crowns, Southampton Road, Whaddon, nr Alderbury, Salisbury SP5 3HB. Contact Tim firstname.lastname@example.org
• WOOTTON BASSETT SAYS BIKERS ROCK bike nights every Tuesday from 6.30pm at The Old Nick, Station Road, Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire SN4 7DS. BBQ and live music. We never cancel whatever the weather! Contact Kerrie 07803 893603 or find us on facebook.
• TALLY HO INN, Bell Lane, Broadheath, nr Tenbury Wells, Worcs WR15 8QX. Tel 01886 853241. www.tallyhorestaurant.co.uk Open daily 10am-late. Popular spot with bikers, particularly on summer Sundays.
• WORCESTER MOTORCYCLE CLUB, Tower Building, Perdiswell Park, Droitwich Rd, Worcester WR3 7SN. Tel 01905 451213. www.worcmcc.org.uk Licensed club room open Sunday noon-2pm and Tues and Friday 8pm-11pm. Rideouts, fundraising events, discos throughout the year. If you’re planning a Sunday rideout, call in for refreshments, the club has its own centrally located clubhouse.
• BARNSLEY BIKERS’ CLUB meets every other Wednesday from 8pm at The Keel, Stairfoot, Barnsley, South Yorkshire S70 3NT. Regular runs and rideouts, social events etc. www.barnsleybikersclub.co.uk
• BOARD INN, Market Place, Hawes, North Yorks DL8 3RD. Tel 01969 667223. Andrew Bowles is landlord of this biker friendly pub.
• CATFOSS BIKER CAFE, Bransburton Grange, Bransburton, Driffield YO25 8EJ. MCM stockist. Bike nights throughout the year â€“ see website for info. www.catfoss-biker-cafe.com
• FIMBER LOG CABIN BIKERS’ CAFE, on the B1251/B1248 roundabout, East Yorkshire. Favoured meeting place of East Yorks VMCC and AJS Matchless OC. Open early to late spring through autumn. Late night Wednesday. Home baked food highly recommended.
• THE GREAT NORTHERN, 12-14 Halifax Road, Keighley BD21 5EH. Tel 01535 602318. Usual pub hours. Traditional pub welcomes bikers to drop in on rideouts etc. Special catering available for clubs that call and give notice. Handy for the Dales and Cumbria.
• THE GUIDE INN, Keighley Road, Hainworth, Keighley, West Yorks BD21 5QP. Tel 01535 272138. Open Monday to Thursday 4pm-11pm, Friday 3.30pm-1am, weekends from midday. Bike night from 7pm every Thursday all year round. Open fires and real ale make it an excellent winter destination. Camping available by appointment.
• HARE AND HOUNDS, Silver Street, Riccall, North Yorkshire. Bike nights, often including bike quiz, 4.30pm-11pm every Monday.
• HAVEN ARMS, Havenside, Hedon, Hull HU12 8HH. Tel 01482 897695. Open normal pub hours. Tuesday bike nights with the Holderness Hi-Siders & Lo-Riders MCC.
• HORSE & JOCKEY, Wadsley Lane, Hillsborough, Sheffield S6 4EF. Tel 01142 348440. Meeting place for several clubs with rideouts and charity runs planned.
• HULL & EAST RIDING ADVANCED MOTORCYCLISTS meet on 3rd Monday of month, commencing at 7.30pm, at Hull Bowls Club, Ash Grove, Hull HU5 1LU. More info from 07949 726044 or www.heram.co.uk
• JAN’S CORNER BIKER CAFE, run by little Jan and the gang, situated at Sheffield Motorcycle Centre on the A61 near the Wicker Arches S3 8GZ. Open weekdays 9am-3pm, Saturdays 9am-5pm, Sundays 10am-4pm. It’s the best place to meet up in South Yorkshire for a cuppa and bite to eat. Everyone is welcome whether you’re a fellow biker like ourselves or a prospective newcomer, so call in, enjoy that butty and a wander round the shop as there's something for everybody no matter what your taste in bikes. Call and see us soon and ride safe.
• KILHAM WEDNESDAY BIKERS meet at The Bay Horse, Kilham, nr Driffield from 9pm. Guess which night
• Rideouts during the summer, starting from Boyes Garage, Kilham at 6.30pm. To find out more ring Fran Cowton on 01262 420399.
• KINGS ARMS, Main Road, Newport, Brough, East Yorkshire HU15 2QS. Tel 01430 440289. On the B1230 between Newport and Howden. And it’s worth finding! Hull and East Riding MCC already meet here and other club do’s are planned.
• LONG RIDERS BROTHERHOOD – SHEFFIELD: Meets Wednesdays from 8pm at the New Norfolk Inn, Manchester Road, Sheffield S6 6GH. Visit www.longriders-uk.com Call 07786 337342 or 07876 134658.
• MACKINTOSH ARMS, Aire Street, Goole, Yorkshire DN14 5QW. Call 01405 763850. Visit www.goole-guide.net/macintosh.htm Easy to see why the Goole and District MCC (the Wobbly Goolies) meet here at 8pm 1st and 3rd Tuesday of month. A great pub, with a good atmosphere, excellent real ales and live bands.
• NORTHERN CROSS MCC meet 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of month at the Crossflatts Cricket Club, Ryshworth Park, Crossflatts, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16 2ER. All welcome. Info: www.northerncrossmcc.co.uk or phone Maria on 01274 772970.
• OASIS SNACK BAR, Royal Albert Drive, Scarborough YO12 7TU. Tel 01723 507857.
• OLD POLICE STATION CAFE, 17 Market Place, Helmsey, Yorks Y06 25BL. Tel 01439 770413. Open weekdays 9am-5pm, weekends 8.30am-5.30pm. Good place to stop for tea and a bun before or after riding the moors.
• PENNY GARTH CAFE, Market Place, Hawes, North Yorks DL8 3RD. Tel 01969 667066. www.pennygarthcafe.co.uk Open daily 9am-5pm. Bikers pop in every day but up to 500 summer weekends.
• PYERATZ MCC: Meets 8pm Mondays at the Wood Bottom Social Club, Shipley, Bradford, West Yorkshire. All welcome. Call 01274 600377.
• RIVERSIDE LOWRIDERS. Meet Mondays 8pm, The Duke of Cumberland, Market Green, Cottingham, East Yorkshire HU16 5QG. All cruisers and classics welcome. Call Rob 07921 991 117 or Mal 07769 516 276.
• SEAWAYS CAFE, Fridaythorpe junction off A166/B1251 on the Yorkshire Wolds YO25 9RC. Tel 01377 288203. Open every day 8am-4pm and in summer until about 8pm on Wed. Great menu of snacks and meals and gateway to many excellent biking roads. Used by many organisations – BikeSafe, IAM, BMF, MAG – as well as many classic and modern clubs.
• SHEFFIELD ADVANCED MOTORCYCLISTS meet every Saturday 9-9.30am at Meadowhall Retail Park, outside Pizza Hut. Free assessment rides, friendly advice on how to improve and enjoy your riding. Contact Mike 0114 247 5456, email@example.com or visit www.sheffieldiambike.com
• SQUIRE’S MILK BAR CAFE, Newthorpe Lane, nr Sherburn in Elmet, West Yorkshire LS25 3LX. Tel 01977 684618. www.squires-cafe.co.uk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Daily 9am-11pm. Original Squire’s opened in 1954 and has been operating from the new site since 2002. 7.5-acre campsite where bikers can stay overnight or for a few days. The food is good, there are many special events staged throughout the year. Wed 4-11pm see up to 7000 bikers on site in the summer and similar numbers come and go between 9am-11pm on summer weekends.
• THE SUN INN, Brame Lane, Norwood, Harrogate HG3 1SZ. Tel 01943 880220. Bikers specials including sandwiches and drinks. Wed nights and weekends generally bikers’ times! www.thesun-inn.co.uk
• VINTAGE JAPANESE MC (South Yorks). Meets at 8pm last Thurs of month at the Star, Hoyland Road, Hoyland Common, Barnsley S74 0PB. Open to anyone interested in bikes old and new, large bike park and free sandwiches. Tel 01142 798426/07980 933925 Email: email@example.com
• WEST YORKSHIRE HONDA OWNERS meet on 1st Monday of month at the Hitching Post, Idle, Bradford BD10 9SX. All welcome to come along, phone Steve on 01274 772970.
• WEST YORKSHIRE MAG: Meets 8pm Thursdays, The Three Pigeons, Sun Lane, off South Parade, Halifax HX1 2LX. MAG business 2nd and 4th Thursdays, socials other Thursdays.
• WHISTLESTOP CAFE, Unit 1 Langbourne Road, Whitby, Yorkshire Y021 1YN. Tel 01947 606060. Open daily 9.30am-5pm. Hours extended until 9pm for bikers’ nights every Thursday during the summer.
• THE YORKSHIRE ROSE, 16 Bridlington Road, Beeford, Driffield, East Yorks YO25 8AN. Tel 01262 481381. About 9 miles south of Bridlington.
• APPLECROSS INN, Applecross, Wester Ross IV54 74462. Tel 01520 744262. Superb views, superb food and a superb ride there. A favourite with local bikers and a must for anyone touring the Highlands. Several clubs hold rallies there and summer weekends draw hundreds of bikers to the beachfront beer garden.
• BLIND BEGGAR, 97-99 Broughton Road, Edinburgh E87 4EG. Tel 0131 5573130. Open noon to midnight (1am Fri and Sat). Bikers are a regular fixture, as are bits and pieces of bikes adorning its walls.
• CREAM PUFF COFFEE SHOP, Denholm. 5 miles from Hawick, Scottish Borders, 50 miles equi-distant from Edinburgh, Carlisle, Newcastle at centre of best biking roads in Borders. Great home baking and light lunches. Open Tue-Fri 8am-5pm, Sat 9am-4pm, Sun 11am-4pm. Overlooks village green and in-view parking. Petrol, motorcycle repairs/accessories close by in village. 5 miles from Hizzy/Guthrie motorcycle racing exhibits in Wilton Park museum. 07738 270191, Creampuffdenholm@hotmail.co.uk
• GRAMPIAN TRANSPORT MUSEUM. North east Scotland’s premier museum of transport. Fantastic collection of motorcycles. The museum is very biker friendly, with plenty of bike-related events throughout the year. Full details of opening hours and events at www.gtm.org.uk
• GREEN WELLY STOP, Tyndrum, Perthshire FK20 8RY. Tel 01838 400271. www.thegreenwellystop.com.uk Open (restaurant, shops) April to October 8.30am-5.30pm, November to Mar<
Current Issue: June 2013
♦ Win Avon Storm 3D x-M tyres
♦ Bumper 6-page guide to Newark Bike Bonanza
♦ Ridden: KTM 390 Duke, Honda CB500X, Triumph Explorer XC
♦ Workshop: How to adjust your cables the easy way
♦ Adventure: Crossing the Andes on a £600 Suzuki GN125
♦ Tyre Test: Pirelli's new sports touring rubber
• Next issue on sale: June 21, 2013